Trending for FALL!!
- Let’s start with COLOR!! This fall’s new “it” color is COBALT blue! No, not royal or sapphire — but a rich blue with shades of teal!! Use it in a handbag, dress or pump!
- Quilting!! How can one forget the influence that Chanel has had on the use of quilting. This Fall it is being used in bags (of course), boots, leather jackets and even skirts!
- The seasonal shape of your handbag this Fall should be a SATCHEL. Wider rather than tall — they are fashionable as well as functional. Keep color to a minimum (unless it is the cobalt blue mentioned above worn with all black). In it — your ipad, wallet, cosmetic bag — all the essentials.
– Instead of using the standard “skirt suit” — let’s use the NEW suit. What is that? A skirt set! It’s a two piece set that looks similar to a suit — but not so structured. Coordinated colors and fabric — top and bottom.
– And when wearing that NEW suiting shape what to wear as a pump?? The newest shape is an old one. Mid-heel height. Yes, the sky high platforms are still “in” — but why not try a more comfortable shape using a mid-heel. The toe is now a little more pointed — elongating the leg to compensate for the lower heel height!
– Remember last year it was the “statement” necklace? Well, this year it is the “statement” earring. Big chandelier shapes in vibrant colors and jeweled stones!!
– Outerwear has always been an issue in Florida. What to do when it’s nippy outside but certainly not snowing. Statement Coats!! Bright colors or patterned fabrics! It can make your outfit — so invest in a beautiful coat that sets its own style!
– Styling this season seems to be leaning more towards a style once popular in the late 80’s. What’s that? Menswear!!. Classic patterns like Glen plaid and houndstooth give everything from pants to sheaths a refined yet modern feel. To keep it feminine — choose ladylike shapes or wear with your pumps!
LET’S ENJOY THE COOLER WEATHER AND CHANGE IT UP A LITTLE BIT! HAPPY FALLING LEAVES!!